GEC STUDENT POLICIES
We are committed to providing a safe and enriching experience for all participants. To ensure the success of our program, we ask that all participants abide by the following code of conduct.
Students are required to behave respectfully and responsibly at all times and to treat their fellow students and the local communities with whom they interact during the program with courtesy.
- Harassment, discrimination, or illegal activities are strictly prohibited.
- Local laws, customs and regulations must be observed throughout the program.
Health and Safety
- Students must prioritize their well-being and abide by all guidelines established by program staff to ensure their health and safety.
- It’s important to inform program staff of any existing illnesses, allergies, or medications that need to be observed or taken.
- Students should follow safety protocols and exercise caution during physical activities, field trips, or other potentially risky situations.
Attendance and Punctuality
- You’re expected to attend all program activities regularly and on time, including classes, workshops, field trips, and meetings.
- If you’re unable to attend scheduled activities due to illness or other legitimate reasons, you should notify program staff in advance.
Academic and Learning Expectations
- Students are responsible for actively participating in the academic courses, assignments, and discussions outlined in the program curriculum.
- It’s mandatory to complete assigned assignments, projects, and assessments within the given deadlines.
- Respectful interactions with instructors, mentors, and classmates are important in creating a productive learning environment.
Travel and Transportation
- Students are responsible for their own travel to and from the program site, following established guidelines and schedules.
- Adherence to transportation rules, safety measures, and guidelines during group travel is mandatory.
- Students should notify program staff immediately of any delays, changes or emergencies.
- Students are responsible for the timely payment of program fees and any additional costs for personal expenses, meals, or optional activities not covered by the program.
- Students are responsible for any damage caused by negligence to program facilities, accommodations or equipment.
Communication and Respectful Interaction:
- Students are expected to communicate respectfully with program staff, instructors, mentors, and other participants.
- A positive and inclusive program environment requires open-mindedness, cultural sensitivity, and empathy for different perspectives and backgrounds.
Confidentiality and Privacy:
- Students should respect the privacy and confidentiality of other participants and program staff and not share personal or sensitive information without consent.
- When discussing program-related matters on social media or online platforms, they should do so responsibly without violating the privacy of others.
- In the event of conflicts or problems, students are encouraged to communicate with program staff in a timely and respectful manner.
- Program staff will make every effort to resolve conflicts and address concerns to ensure a harmonious and supportive program experience for all participants.
Non-Compliance and Disciplinary Action:
- Failure to comply with student policies, the Code of Conduct, or other program policies may result in disciplinary action such as warnings, probation, suspension, or dismissal from the program.
- Disciplinary action will be based on the severity and nature of the violation and will take into consideration the general welfare and safety of the student and the program community.
These policies serve as general guidelines and may vary by program. Students should carefully read and understand the policies of their particular program before enrolling.